We are delighted to announce the2017 Scalpel Committee applications are now open. We have always looked for motivated students who have a strong interest in Surgery. Our aim is to form a great team that will improve on what has been done by the society in the past several years.
The committee aims to promote the interest in Surgery among undergraduate students and to run an active society via a wide range of events throughout the calendar year. The team usually meets once weekly, however, we understand sometimes other priorities may mean an occasional meeting is missed.
Please note the application deadline is Friday, 25 November 2016.
Here is a small description of the roles we are looking to fill up:
- Vice President – involves assisting the president with creating the environment necessary for the team to achieve the society goals, making sure members are aware of their roles and current tasks, and deputise for the President, should they be unable to fulfill them.
- Secretary – involves ensuring all meeting minutes are recorded in a concise manner to aid with planning and execution of the committee agenda.
- Treasurer – the person in this role is the principal signatory of the society accounts. They are responsible for the day-to-day running of the society finances and, together with the President and VP, is in charge of sponsorship.
- Communication and Publicity – managing the society email account and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Onemed Buzz, etc.
- Membership and IT – maintaining the membership database and society website. Works closely with Comms & Publicity to deliver a newsletter and run the Scalpel blog.
- Workshop Director – the role involves the planning and delivery of workshop days and revision events.
- Lectures Director – planning and delivery of our regular lecture series and journal club.
- Representatives – advertising events in the relevant Sector, providing insight into hospitals for the committee, and supporting role for other committee members.
*Assisting other members of the team with tasks if necessary is encouraged and appreciated.
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE.
Many thanks for your interest and good luck with your application!