News & Announcements
3rd Annual Scalpel Undergraduate Surgical Conference
22 October 2011 | University of Manchester
In affiliation with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scalpel would like to welcome you to our 3rd annual undergraduate surgical conference.
This year’s conference promises to be a fantastic event for all medical students as Scalpel commemorates its 10th anniversary and celebrates its achievement of receiving the Surgical Society of the Year Award, presented by the UK Medical Students’ Association and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
The SUSC will be offering medical students the opportunity to deliver both oral and poster presentations, with prizes given for the best presentations as judged by a select panel of senior surgeons. Those students without any original work to submit this year (e.g. pre-clinical students) may still have the opportunity present by submitting a ‘critical discussion’ abstract addressing one of the suggested topics for 2011.
- Abstract submission & delegate registration opens on 1st August
- Deadline for abstracts: 15th September
- Deadline for early-bird delegate registration: 15th September (registration after this date will incur additional fees)
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Sir Keith Porter, UK’s only professor of clinical traumatology at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine in Birmingham.
- Mr Douglas McGeorge, consultant plastic surgeon working exclusively in the private sector and council member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).
- Miss Leela Kapila, consultant paediatric surgeon and ex-vice president of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Visit our conference website for details on abstract submission and registration